As owner and Managing Director of the Sintesa Group, Shinta is overall responsible for the management and expansion of the Group’s business interests in Indonesia. The Sintesa Group is an Indonesian conglomerate of 17 subsidiaries, which operate in the Consumer Products, Industrial Products, Property & Real Estate and Energy Sector.
Shinta is also active and leads from the front in many social and business organizations that have a positive impact on environment, community and business in Indonesia. Some of the roles and responsibilities that keep her active are; Founder of Global Entrepreneurship Program Indonesia; Vice President of Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry; Chairwoman of the Employers’ Association of Indonesia (APINDO); President of Indonesia Business Council for Sustainable Development (IBCSD); Women in Network Regional Chair Asia of Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO); Executive Board Member of Indonesian World Wide Fund For Nature (WWF Indonesia); Indonesia Aids Foundation (YAI); Indonesia Business Coalition on Aids (IBCA).
She graduated from Barnard College of Columbia University, New York in 1989 and Executive Education at Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA in 2002.
1. Women Of Power - Asian Business Leadership Forum Award (ABLF) - ABU DHABI- 2012
2. ASIA’S 50 Powerful Businesswomen - FORBES 2012
3. Indonesia Women Award; Private Sector for Manufacturing - 2012
4. ASIA’S 50 Powerful Businesswomen - FORBES 2013
5. ASIA’S Leading Businesswoman of the Year Award 2013 (Women in Leadership Forum)